Tianjin Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship is established by Tianjin Municipal Government to attract outstanding international students for undergraduate and graduate studies in the universities of Tianjin. As one of the key comprehensive universities, Tianjin Chengjian University (TCU) undertakes the enrolment of international students under Tianjin Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship.
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health
(2) Applicants should apply for undergraduate study in TCU
(3) Education background and age limit:
• Applicants for undergraduate studies must have a graduation diploma of senior high school
• be above the age of 18 and under the age of 30.
(4) Applicants with strong incentive of study in Tianjin must be rated excellent in their previous study and select appropriate discipline in accordance with his/her interest and academic background with well-prepared study plan
（5）Tianjin Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship is not open to those who have been awarded with Chinese Government Scholarship, or any other scholarship.
* Tuition of TCU international students of 2017 batch is RMB20000/per academic year. Winners of 2017 Tianjin Government Scholarship (value: RMB 20000/ one academic year) enjoy first-year tuition fee exemption. Registration Fee, lodging fee and insurance fee are self-financed.
3. Academic programs
• English-taught Undergraduate Program of Civil Engineering
• English-taught Undergraduate Program of Engineering Management
4. Scholarship Coverage
First-year tuition fee exemption (RMB 20,000 per person for bachelor’s students of 2017 batch).
5. Application deadline: 15th June, 2017（before when application materials received by TCU）
6. Application procedures
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted by TCU.
Submission of application documents:
Please send the Scanned copy of the documents to
Application documents Checklist:
1) Front page of passport, visa/residence permit (if applicable).
2) Diploma of Senior High School (in Chinese or English).
* If applicants can’t get Senior High School Diploma when application, please provide Certificate of expected graduation issued by Senior High School (in Chinese or English).
3) Senior High School transcripts of every year (in Chinese or English).
4) Certificate of National/Regional Graduation Examination/Matriculation Examination.
5) Health Certificate
6) Tianjin Chengjian University Application Form for International Students
7) Accepted Student Responsibility and JW202 Release Form Fall 2017
8) TCU Statement of Financial Sponsorship(with official bank statement)
9) Other documents that can prove your previous education background such as Language(Chinese/English ) Proficiency Certificate(not necessary)
10) Scholarship Application Form
a. Scholarship Application Form of Tianjin Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship
b. Scholarship Application Form of Tianjin Chengjian University Freshmen Scholarship
7. Selection and notification
A panel of experts at TCU will screen candidates for the scholarship and decide the admission list. Admission will be decided on the basis of the applicants’ application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research achievements and supervisors’ comments.
The admitted students should register at TCU on time and then enter the final round screening. The list of nominees produced from the final screening will be submitted to Tianjin Municipal Education Commission for final approval.
Tuition of TCU international students of 2017 batch is RMB20000/per academic year. Winners of 2017 Tianjin Government Scholarship (value: RMB 20000/ one academic year) enjoy first-year tuition fee exemption. Registration Fee, lodging fee and insurance fee are self-financed.